Some Quick Hit basics below – ask during Ops if you’d like to have a go at leading a squad or platoon.
- First thing to get is your Spawn Beacon, which is a requirement for Promotion (see Promotions page in the Battle Library for more details)
- Spawn Beacon
- Choosing Objectives
- Grouping up
- Setting Waypoints
- Getting There
- Gals, Valks, Sundies, INSERT from Warpgate to deploy near SL, I-key for Instant Action sometimes, letting Squad know about these.
- Using comms / Using Command Chat
- Region Chat – Assign to Member to post Every 15 Minutes – this text fits in the chat box limit:-
- /regionsay ZE7A UNIT Ops. Public Platoon is Open. Combined Arms, Infantry, Armour, and Air. Join us
- Proxie Chat – will get some, at least, friendly units pushing when we do if we count down “nades in in 3,2,1….., and push-push-push”.
- Q-menu – setting primary objective for point/gen etc.
- Red/Orange/Yellow/Green Smoke – useful for all allied troops, good if other non-squad players at base
- Attack/Defence markers – influences where friendly forces deploy if you see a small enemy force capping a base way off our lane – stick a Defensive Waypoint on it, a lot of the time, it’s job done & you dont need to think about it again. YMMV, but sometimes, is better than no-times 😉
- Map Drawing Tools
(* also check ZE7A Planetside 2 Strategy & Tactics Bible for relevant info to use)