Tagged: basic galaxy hot drops
Bishop341BKeymaster16th October 2017 at 4:25 pmPost count: 165
Basic Training – Air and Repair Galaxies
The focus here is on:
- Being within range to protect the Galaxies
- Calling out Targets
- Discipline as wing-men when resupplying for more Ammo etc (see Part 5 of Hader’s ESF Tutorials here – ‘Wingman/Squad Comms & Tactics‘)
Quick Script for anyone to run training.
5/10 minutes max.
- 1 Galaxy: 1 Pilot, 1 Gunner.
- Rest of squad: ESF’s
- 6 per squad is good – so 2 small squads if more than 6 online
- 2 rep gals* – walkers
- *If in VR first – use Ammo Gals instead to practice re-supplying
- ESF’s with Vorteks & no mag size / no ammo cap so more re-ups with Galaxies required.
- Stock will do – (with Vorteks if practising with Ammo Gals in VR)
- If anyone needs a loadout –
- Fire sup. Stealth. Default nosegun / or for armour – can try Kestrel.
- Mag size. Ammo capacity. (don’t use these in VR when practising with Gals.)
SQUAD / PLATOON ORDERS
A) e.g. in VR –
- “Galaxies patrol platoon to Charlie waypoint (any 2 waypoints to patrol will do)
- Galaxy pilots – practise rotating positions as if under fire – one go up or under & cross over, then vice versa.
- Reavers – Call out & focus 1 target, then re-supply at Galaxies.
- ESF’s practise
- Calling out Target
- Escorting each other back to Gals after every kill for Ammo.
- *Note – ESF’s drill approaching from rear to minimise lag-stomp collisions, etc etc.
B) From Warpgate
- *If rolling out with no VR first –
- Hit e.g. a Tech Plant / Bio Lab for Gal pilots to practise full speed drops & basic formation en-route
- Ask Gal Pilots to make a note of Altitude when going through e.g. Tech Plant floors – maybe around 47m or so – useful for other members of squad to know if not used to pulling Gals regularly during OPS.
- Group up at Warpgate – Rep Gals & Reavers
- Alpha & Bravo Galaxies at 500m, 1 gunner each.
- Alpha ESF’s low – 100m
- Bravo ESF’s high – 600m
- Protect the Galaxies as long as possible, use for reps.
- Hunt armour / spawns / air / as required.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.